Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Important Updates: Chamber Concert Thursday

Singers:

-  CHAMBER CONCERT THURSDAY: Chamber Singers Call Time is 6:00pm!

-  Chamber Singers will rehearse Thursday after school at 2:00pm.  
You may come in today (Wednesday) after school and work on the music if you would like.  I will be there if you want my help.  You MUST spend time practicing this music between now and Thursday.

-  I still need library help!  Everyday after school---stop by whenever you can--even if you only have time to sort a couple of songs.  Every bit helps, we still have a long ways to go!

-  I am currently looking into the evening of Monday June 6 for our Recording Session.  If everything checks out, that will be the date.  I know this is the day after Graduation for Seniors, but at the moment every other night that week and the week before is taken out.

-  Remember to be routinely practicing--even when you are not actively preparing for a performance!  It's all about trying to improve each and every day.  Better vowels, better breathing, better expression, better smoothness over breaks in your vocal range, etc.  If you want to lead others, you must lead by example! It's all about work ethic!! This is what we want to impress upon the young 8th graders joining us next year.

-  Lastly, as the year winds down, I understand that some of you might be mentally checking out and even skipping out on choir rehearsals or maybe not giving it your all.  I would strongly encourage you to fight this mentality.  The best ensembles don't quit when they're tired--they push through and never stop improving.  I will give you 100% of my energy and focus up to the last day, and I expect the same from you as young developing musicians.  Keep working every day!

Have a wonderful rest of your week 😊

-Mr. Raymond

No comments:

Post a Comment