FOXBORO HIGH SCHOOL VOCAL MUSIC
Information for Rising 9th Grade Freshmen
CHOIRS AVAILABLE TO FRESHMEN:
Concert Choir (CP/H):
- - Full choir ensemble, meets first period every day and sings a variety of musical works with various styles/time periods both acapella and accompanied
- - Performs in a variety of Concerts, Festivals, and Events
- - All members can go on the annual Tour!
- - Opportunity to move up to Chamber Choir after 1 year
Treble Jazz Choir
- - Treble Jazz is NOT auditioned, all are welcome regardless of skill or ability
- - There are NO after school/evening commitments with Treble Jazz
- - Music includes: Jazz, Blues, Rock, R&B, Soul, and Funk
- - Rehearses on Microphones both Acapella and with Rhythm Section
- - Meets Period 3 every other day as a class
Mixed Vocal Jazz Ensemble
- - Auditioned, high-level, premier vocal ensemble at FHS: 14 Singers
- - Challenging arrangements of Jazz, Contemporary, Rock, R&B, Pop, Funk
- - Acapella and Rhythm Section Arrangements
- - Regular Rehearsals plus Tuesday night 6:30-8:00pm
- - Competes in the Berklee High School Jazz Festival and Sings on Tour and at POPS
- - YOU CAN BE IN FALL SPORTS AND BE IN CHOIR/JAZZ CHOIR!
- - Subscribe to the Website: www.foxborochoir.blogspot.com
- - Follow on Twitter: @foxborochoir
- Choir happens first period six out of seven days in a row—this means the first class you will have in high school will be Concert Choir!
- The Concert Choir in High School has a very welcoming and encouraging culture featuring a mentorship program of upperclassmen and freshmen. You won’t be left out!
- All incoming Freshmen are welcome to join Jazz Choir. There is no audition for Treble Jazz, simply tell Mr. Raymond you want to join, and you will be added. The more advanced Mixed Jazz Choir has an audition which will take place at the end of the first week. Audition music for Honors Mixed Vocal Jazz will be posted at FHS and Ahern.
- We will discuss Concert Dress, Sectionals, and Expectations during the first week of school: don’t worry about these items just yet!
- ALL Freshmen in Choir are welcome to go on TOUR next year! Consider saving up money over the summer—it is definitely worth it!
- You should prepare over the summer for High School Choir by practicing vocal exercises, scales, and singing music you like. If you sing throughout the summer, you will be well prepared for singing in the Fall!
- If you have any questions, please email Mr. Raymond: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking forward to an AWESOME school year next year! See you soon!